Friday, June 19, 2009

oh happy days!!

So today is a much brighter more beautiful day! I made that illusive first sale Thursdaynight & i am all kinds of excited. On top of this i have another few possible sales, which strangely enough i am incredible excited about. My business cards arrived yesterday, & I'm going to be taking part in a craft fair on base in October which if it goes well, there will another in November & December. Wow so many thing's going on, but it makes me happy. Starting my own business would be awesome, it's what i want to do (in an ideal) as well as being something i can take with me. & as my friends & family have proved recently i have all kinds of support going on which makes it easier to do. But now it's a matter of trying to figure out where i go from here. How do i get my name out there, advertise & other such thing's. All this is new to me, & finding the direction i need to go in is going to be a challenge. But i like challenges & if nothing else I'm doing what i love. 

Here's an image I'm working on for one of my best friends. It was taking in Yosemite last December, somewhere i can't wait to go back to (thank goodness i married a Caliboy). I was never a big fan of "landscapes" & "pretty pictures" before that vacation but going somewhere so stunning, & being given the chance to see what Ansel Adams saw can change even a hard heart like mine. 

Here's a favourite quote of mine by Ansel Adams: 

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter" 

I think he got it pretty spot on!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first sale...I expect there to be many more to come. That landscape looks absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete