2010 has been a wonderful year for me ... both personally & professionally. I have been lucky enough to work with some amazing photographers, meet fabulous individuals & learn from a variety of people all of which i feel has given me a great stepping stone for 2011. When i look back i can't believe the opportunities i've had & slowly i'm finding my way in this crazy world of photography.
& 2011 we all know is going to be a life changing one (literally) for me (& my husband) with the arrival of our son (in theory april is when it will happen but any kid of ours you never know how impatient or stubborn he could turn out to be). So keeping that in mind here are a few of the things i want to work on ... some of my wishes, hopes & dreams for 2011:
1. put together a boudoir based studio ... nothing major but somewhere practical i can do more shoots. I find there is so much more freedom with boudoir that i don't get from family portraits but keep in mind i will have my own little model to work with from april so this may change.
2. Looking at new avenues for showcasing my fine art photography ... this includes me learning book binding techniques & such. I want to be able to do more from home for obvious reasons.
3. Getting my name out there more in the big wide world of the web. I know my audience but i need to be more proactive & let people see my pretty pictures.
4. Take a business & or accounting class ... spend any amount of time with me talking such subjects & you will quickly understand how useless i am at this!
5. Take a landscape workshop in Yosemite & work more on my landscapes. It's an area that for many years i've really understood but recently have come to love classic, simple & incredible peaceful black & whites. I feel as if it's time for me to explore this genre more.
This list could go on & on so i will stop here for now ... i'm not saying in the next few days you won't see or hear from me more on this topic but right now i am heading off into the unknown of 2011 & wishing you all a very happy new year.